We strive to improve the lives of persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities in underserved regions throughout the world by promoting acceptance and inclusion. We seek to establish sustainable solutions through educational, vocational and health and wellness support, while enabling concerned volunteers and stakeholders to collaborate in empowering these persons.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- We believe that by providing access to a quality education and other inclusive opportunities to persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities, we will positively impact the entire community.
- We will acknowledge local laws and culture and be respectful of theculture of the communities that we serve.
- We will work with local communities, governments and other NGOs both locally and abroad, to create sustainable solutions for the persons that we serve.
- We strive to foster independence and self-sufficiency by empowering the persons that we serve.
- We are thoughtful in our approach when assisting communities to empower persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
- We seek to cultivate a vibrant volunteer base by recruiting new volunteers and retaining current ones.